Monday, April 13, 2009

Insufficient Canvases (I'll be ay-okay)

[More fun with form and content, and more day dreaming about uncertainties. Enjoy!]

And there are some things I can’t say aloud, to you, that
I can confess to a crowd, I do, not
Really understand, why I prioritize so upside down
Either go on your way or come back
I’ll be ok either way

I’ve been living every year at a day by day pace
Turning every corner, expecting to see your face on
Every stranger, starring as they pass by
Two years ago, you left, sunspots on my eyes

They say I have to move on…

But I will not settle for less
I won’t let anything get in my way
My cannon’s armed and ready
I cannot lower my aim
I’ll be ay-ok.

Anything I say becomes
Rock like and stone and I might just regret sharing
Everything, they are little words and phrases
these little sounds I make,
Elocution flaws
Loose around my mouth,
They can’t explain all you are.

A painter that wants the sea recreated, on
Insufficient canvases
Every stroke misplaced
Like sugar free, so slight yet
Like prosthetic legs - not enough, undone,
like this song.

And I will not settle for less
I won’t let anyone get in my way
My cannon’s armed and ready
I cannot lower my aim.

I shoot for the moon to land among the stars
The distance sometimes feels that far
Either way, I’ll be ay-ok.

1 comment:

  1. Some things make you sad. Some things you find inspiring. Every once in a while you find something that does both and neither at the same time.

    Was that cryptic enough? I mean it to be a HUGE compliment.

    ReplyDelete