Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Color Television

[Well, I personally hate TV. I think its a waste of time. I like to watch shows - but from a computer. The difference is eventually I have to get off my butt to watch something else, but televisions? Nah. They were built to run all day, and all night, and all the next day. Its the media keeping us fat and incubating us like little money babies in our own homes. I say this as I change my major to Media and Communications... Theo]


Color television

You watch your television in HD and color
Grumbling mumbling much like your father
Watching his whole life in black and white
Seeing the world in two tones, day and night

You watch your back when you’re with company
You can’t show your emotion’s without seeming funny
You cut off self expression to preserve your ideals
You suffocate yourself from admitting how it feels

It was once the same thing as people with color
In your fathers time they were treated as others
Now that your view sitcoms in a rainbow of hues
Sharply, suddenly, equality feels different to you

But just as one light can fill an entire room
I know the truth will shine through, and soon
Just as the colors of moving flashing screen
Change the walls, the floors, and all in between

Because, You watch your television in HD and color
The facts are in front of you and they couldn’t be clearer
We are all completely different, and this way is better
It’s what makes us the same, what holds us together

Color Televison
copyrighted 2009 by Theo Martin

2 comments:

  1. Are you a whole day of me way out east in New York City? Here, it is the 9th, Monday.
    Love the poem. And, weirdly, I get very restless watching TV. I watch only one show. Big Love. And sometimes the Daily Show when I want the real news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Daily Show with Jon! Good stuff. The Cobert Report is also hilarious in a "I hope people know this isn't serious" way.

    I don't know why my blogger does that, or how to fix it so... Sure, I'm a day ahead, magically?

    ReplyDelete