Monday, March 16, 2009

Malori (raw piece)

[And now you can see a poem as it grows. This is word for word what I scribbled on a napkin after running into an old friend - and I use this term loosely. More like a very close acquaintance, someone I became very close with at a school retreat, hung out a few times, lost touch, and she hasn't given me the time of day since. Until the other day, when I saw her. Strangely awkward encounter and sudden reminder of a love that I had that never grew. I found the napkin and decided to share this infant of a piece, that is, if it ever grows to become a piece, much unlike the subject itself, which never became anything. Raw, untouched, undeveloped, and overexposing how I speak my mind. Hope you enjoy. Theo]


Malori
She has two colored eyes
the left different from the right
ones blue ones green
not a shade in between
but if the two combined
they'd color the Atlantic skyline
they're deep but they're light
illuminating and bright
her eyes leave sunspots on mine
i don't know what the rest of her looks like
because whenever
the pair
is there
i swear
i stare
and fall in.

1 comment: