Monday, March 23, 2009

(Temporary Title)

(Here's another piece, returning back to my usual form and rhyme tendencies. This is also one that sounds better performed then just read, so keep that in mind. If you pay attention to the meter, and the amount of syllables in each line, you'll see what I'm talking about. The form has as much to do with the meaning as the content does. Or, you could just read it, and not count. Which ever. Who am I to tell you what to do? :) - Theo]


Love,
It’s… Strange.
Love?
We’ve changed.

Slowly
But surely
Things are
Coming to me
Learning
And Hurting
Starting
Understanding


It’s moments like these
When I’m not asleep
But lying in bed
Toss-turning my head
In two directions
Making no decisions
I’m learning my lessons
But handed graded quizzes

And “sorry”
It just might be
Just short of
Of explaining
How I feel
Bout how you’ll feel
For this New Deal
As it is revealed

But you have no choice
But to raise your voice
This time you can’t stop me
And I won’t give up lightly

It’s because
I lost to you
Far too many times
And now you have lost me
And I’m finally all mine

Words will never explain
How these tragedies build up
On to such a great dream
So it can never live up
To its fullest potential
The decay is exponential
And once it finally dies
Then, Then I will no longer cry

Oh, Forever, The ship has been sinking
And trust me, believe me, I have been bailing
The water rushes in faster then my pail fills up
Not necessarily quitting but a necessary give up
Surrender, Surrender, to heavy problems that pile, pile up
Then you will see there are more fish in the sea once you get in and you swim
Its time to dive in, no more wading, no more waiting, no more toe testing in
It’s over.

I love you, I love you.
And while Our lives end
Now, here my life
And your life
Begin,
Friend


[P.S. Anyone with title suggestions? It'd be much appreciated! -Theo]

1 comment: