Friday, January 16, 2009

Criminal (Labels Are For Records)

My friends fight the status quo and stereotypes
And in the end they’re only helping your rights
And yet, you have the guts to come to me and say
“PUNK give me your money” Whoa ok, alright, Ok.

Are you a criminal
Because I’m told that you’re a criminal
Or are you a criminal
Because you’re trying to rob me?
It’s only a label, please
Don’t be so cynical
I’ve been judged before
But I wont let it stop me!

Just because I
look like a little kid
Who’s short
And white
DOESN’T MEAN
I didn’t learn martial arts
For six years
And I don’t know how to fight!

You’ll get yours
With a left and then right
Here comes the hook
So smooth I don’t even try

Are you a criminal
Because we say you’re a criminal
Or are you a criminal
Because you tried to rob me?

If that’s it man you can’t be so cynical
I’ve been judged before.
Yeah, I’ve been judged before.


CRIMINAL (Labels Are For Records)
copyrighted 2009 by Theo Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment