Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Imagine (How It Could Happen)

I call you at work and say
Don’t worry I’ll make it quick
You say you’ve got a minute
That’s when I pop the question

This is one of those situations
That I have imagined
Over and over again
In my head, in my head.

It’s a known fact that everyone
Goes to Yankee Stadium
Say what’s that on the screen?
Oh look it’s you and me
It’s a little cliché, I’d say.

So to avoid being a total tool
I take you to see Regina at McCarren Pool
And as the rain falls down
I get jewelry out as you turn around

I hope I’m not being too pretentious, Hoping you’ll say yes
But to be fairly modest, you have a choice I guess
But I’m a believer in fate, and an optimist
Some things are just to great to be coincidence

I’m too wired to sleep, you get ready for bed
You ask if I had something to say, I look like you have three heads
You say, “Oh, I must be imagining things”
Tonight is not the night, I put away your ring.

I’m a believer in fate, and an optimist
Some things are just to great to be coincidence.
I’m a believer in fate, and an optimist
Some things are just to great to be coincidence.

Imagine (How It Could Happen) by Theo Martin

2 comments: