Thursday, February 12, 2009

Attacked by a Cougar!!

Its older then racism,
but it’s the new sexism.
Its not just a fad with this
generation but all generations.
It’s a little prejudice called ageism
and we stick it to those who do it.
Laugh at the differences now
but the hate is all the same!

Attacked by a Cougar.
Hey, Age is just a number,
An insignificant digit.

And it seems you’ve picked mine, my dear.
You’re only as old as your innocence
And if it makes you feel any better
I’ve been guilty for many years.
1, 2, 3, 4...


You purr like a kitten
You pounce like a lion
Clean cut but misleading
Oh Dear, What are you hiding?

You’ve got my scent
And you’re on the prowl
Sense of smell like a hound
With the eyes of an owl

There’s no way I can out run
There’s no way you’ll be out done
By this punk kid waiting against a brick wall
For what, I don’t know, but I may as well stall


Attacked by a cougar
Mauled beyond recognition
You do what you want, girl
There is no point to resisting

I can fight the tide, the system, the sky
But I’ll never find the words to describe
The way you sink your teeth into life
For as long as I live to write
I’ll never find words to describe

Age is just a number,
Alright, Alright. You still got it.
Age is just a number,
Alright, Alright, You still got it.
1, 2... 1, 2, 3, 4...

Attacked by a cougar
Mauled beyond recognition
You do what you need, girl
There is no point to resisting.

Attacked by a Cougar
copyrighted 2009 by Theo Martin.

1 comment: