Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Spark

[Happy Valentine's day all! Here's one to coincedental/accidental first kisses, minus the hassle of the trouble it can cause! You can read plenty of those poems later. This piece is pure electricity! Hope you enjoy, Theo.]

A fire in my belly
Back drafting out of my eyes
My nose, my mouth, and my hands
Flames leaping out of my pores
And jumping into yours.

Your big brown eyes
Like two big black holes
They have gravities of their own.

Their pulling me in,
imploding in themselves,
Making me disappear,
Blending me into one.


Like metal to a magnet,
We accelerate towards each other.
Closer, faster, and connect.

We catch each other with such finesse
Like a puzzle, it was just meant.
Fate, in a way. Just-
Like two cars clip in an accident.

A spark of static leaps across.
Your lips tingle against mine.
Your arms tangle around me.

We’ve created something, big.
It could be a life, it could be a mess.
Its getting hot standing here
So close to you in the freezing cold.
Is it just me?

Like a spot light from the heavens,
Shining down upon us,
There’s a chemistry between us,
Besides the chemical in our blood.

I pull away, then I return,
as the tension insists.

For a moment I’m surrounded
By an eerie calm of distraction,
an ignorant bliss.

These problems, their symptoms,
No longer persist.
You are a friend, a medicine,
A finely combined mix.

I’m left stunned and speechless
Shot by a dart to the heart
And I didn’t even see it coming.
But I feel as if I could've.

This fire in me,
This fire I have,
It roars loudly and burns quickly,
From one heart to the next to the next.

I'm trying to find the right extinguisher
That will cool it to just a low steam
Slowly emitting a pot of hot water
Ready for a tea.

This fire burns bridges,
But it needs you.
I need you.

You are more then just a convenience
You are much more then just a route.
There’s a reason I stop to speak to you
And I don’t just pass on my commute.

I don’t want to play darts at hearts again,
I tend to miss the mark.
But I cant deny this science
I cannot argue with the spark.

The Spark
copyrighted 2009 by Theo Martin

3 comments:

  1. Theo - I think this is your best poem yet. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I cannot argue with the spark"
    Goosebumps!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ;D noted! You might see this one again then, as I edit it and work on it more. OR, if I happen to cross paths with this special person again :)

    ReplyDelete