Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Key Change

The key change.
The song jumps.
The mood switches.

The atmosphere lifts off my shoulders,
And takes me with it like an alien ship
Gravity lifting my ears into space
And for that split second
I’m squished into one little being
And yanked through a vacuum
Pulled into the song
Like a long lost love pulling me to the water that splashes on a shore,
Or a good friend pulling me through a crowd closer to the stage,
Or like a fireman pulling me through the rubble to safety,
And once I’m there,
The floor is put back under my feet,
The weight of the world returns and rests gently on my shoulders.
The tidal wave seeps into the earth,
And the rhythm and the waves roll once more,
Catching their footing on the time line
Of this new layer.

And the song comes to a close,
The last chord is strummed.
The journey ends when I land the jump and stick it.

The Key Change
copyrighted 2009 by Theo Martin.

No comments:

Post a Comment