Monday, February 9, 2009

Bothersome Reminders

(This piece is incomplete, but you wouldn't know that unless you read this, huh?)

This is a song that gets on every body’s nerves….
WELL I would like to die in a hospital bed
As much as I would like to lie with your songs in my head
It’s got an inescapable hook, its almost addictive
I’m coming off to strangers as slightly obsessive
This is foreign territory, I might regret it
This isn’t Kansas anymore, its unprecedented
You ask if I’m ok, I say honey you said it
I’m fine, I feel great, I just wish I was dead and

There’s nothing I can do
To get your songs our of my head
Your songs in my head
Its stuck in my head
There’s nothing I can do
To get these bugs from my bed
Get them out of my bed
They’re in my bed

They’re telling me
You thought you could be
Anything
Anything you wanted to be
You thought you could have
Anything
Anything you wanted to have
Well guess what
Guess what you want
Guess what’s not gonna be
Under your tree
Don’t you see

You’re better off wishing for world peace
Those beauty pageant girls get better beauty sleep

Bothersome Reminders
copyrighted 2009 by Theo Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment