Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Feb. 24th: A year ago today... Election 2008mania commences!

Ralph Nader announced his umpteenth attempt at running for the presidency.
Sometimes I really want him to win, just to screw everything up.
This time, I'm glad he didn't.

It was just in time for the crazy case of Electionmania to sweep the nation, 10 months before November. Long time, when you think about it! Yet looking back, its as if we all just made a wish, blew out the candles, held onto our dandilions, and blinked.

I've been looking back at old clips of my favorite moments of 2008's election which I was so wrapped up in. My news habits still have not declined, but they have stopped escalating. Before the election, I had every news station (except FOX. I'd only watch that for a laugh) send me text messages to update me on the democratic primaries! People thought I was being some rude popular jerk on my phone all the time - and while I was being rude on my phone so much, it definitely wasn't popular.

From day one, My hopes were behind Hillary. Such is the way of the glass ceiling that she's now sitting in a Secretary job. Perfect, right?
I wonder if she feeds Obama's fish... Nah.

Anyway, This video is great. If you haven't already seen John McCain on the Ellen show, you need to see it now.
Greatest Awkward Moment on Day Time EVER:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7addd1-SY8&feature=related
I love Ellen so much.

"Our love is the same. To me, what it feels like, I will speak for myself, when you say 'well you can have a contract'... It sounds to me like you're saying you can sit there but you you can't sit there. You know?" -Ellen.

I love how John McCain needs to keep using the phrase "respectable disagreements" - its just SO CLOSE to an oxymoron and a lie. Ultimately its just a really good excuse to speak without saying anything, a talent politicians are known for.

Did you notice his laugh at the very end, when he says "Touche, Ellen!"? How creepy does he look there?

Be honest. He's scary!
He looks like/sounds like the guy on the front porch of his grey house in a creaky chair who you don't want to ask candy from on Halloween and your parents nudge you along saying "Ol' Johnny is a war hero!" but this is somewhat irrelavant and you don't really care because you think he hates you for being on his front lawn and for being a person in general so you'd rather pass his house and try to stare without him notice until you're at a safe distance but instead your parents make you go so you walk halfway up until you start to cry and it ruins your clown makeup which makes you even more upset and its a ridiculous time to cry in the eyes of any adult so this man taunts you from his chair and lets out this kind of laugh!
...
Well... I'm sure he's not that horrible. I bet John is normally a very nice, admirable man. But you can't see it when he laughs like that. This is just my opinion at this place in time.


Um...
Anyway! I'm so glad this creepy creepy guy and the ideas he represents isn't in My White House. How about you?

Oh, and I'm glad this crazy crazy lady is as far from the White House as she could possibly be while still on American soil. Although Alaska is still kinda close. Can't she just move to the moon?

Here's a little reminder that its good to be alive in this economy disaster with good old Joe Biden presiding over the senate as VP - and not this nut!!

Dumber then a third grader? Why am I not surprised...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWegdnKWp4M&feature=related

She probably doesn't miss the lost job opportunity -- she doesn't know what it is that shes missing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment